Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holidays

I keep waiting for an overwhelming desire to update my blog, but it never seems to come. Until it does, I'll continue blogging at the current sporadic rate.

This year for Thanksgiving, we went down to visit Ryan's family in Logan. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Alisha's house and played Wii Sports.

Here we are with all the nieces (and nephew):

Hunter, Brooklyn, Hannah, Sara, Savannah, and Autumn


Ryan had to work the day after Thanksgiving, so we drove down to my Grandma Rae's so he could fly out the next morning. Since I was up early to take him to the airport, I decided to get in on the day-after-Thanksgiving shopping craze. My brother Spencer came with me, and I think we hit about 10 stores between the 2 of us.

That night, we visited temple square to see all the lights.

Here I am with my mom and dad.



I went home the next day so Ryan and I could see each other. With him working nights, our time together has dwindled. We took advantage of the opportunity to decorate the tree. (We've only been married 2 years, and this already seems like de' javu; I had a very similar picture LAST Christmas.)



Ryan had to work on Christmas Eve . . . how lame is that!!!??? I decided to go home earlier with Amber & Philipp rather than chill in Boise by myself, and Ryan made it to Soda Springs at 5:30 on Christmas morning. Yay! That was my best Christmas present.

During the festivities, mom's glasses broke, and it took four of us to fix them: one to hold them together with pliars, one to drive the screw, one to hold the light, and one to take the picture. :)



My sister's cute boys getting a free ride with Uncle Ryan.



This is a nativity I made for my mother this year, and since I'm not real crafty, I have to show it off. I am slowly becoming domesticated, but the list of things I still need to accomplish is pretty long: learn to sew better, take up canning, update my scrapbook, clip coupons, have babies, cook anything from scratch, decorate my home all cutesie, and keep a better blog. But the nativity was a step . . .


On the 26th, we went to visit Ryan's family and stayed a few days. We were spoiled this year with more than we needed, and we are so grateful for the blessings we've received. Now we are excited for the new year and what 2010 will bring. OK bye.


2 comments:

The Parks Family said...

Hooray for having your husband come home Christmas Morning...the joys of being married to a pilot! Looks like your holidays were wonderful!

Denae said...

Ok the pic of you all fixing the glasses makes me laugh so much!

Way to go being crafty, I am so proud of you.

I am glad you are doing well. I miss you and am going to have to make a trip to Boise soon.