Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Birthday & Happy Halloween

A few weeks ago, Ryan turned 31! His best birthday present came early. . . Western Air Express, the company we moved to Boise for, is finally starting a ground school on November 10th! That means we don't have to move to Phoenix - hooray! It came just in the knick of time. . .
On his birthday, Ryan and I took a hike in the hills by Boise. It was PERFECT weather, and the trees were all changing, making it a beautiful day. Later that night, we had friends and family over for b-day cake. Because Ryan's birthday is so close to Halloween, Amber asked if it was "dress-up." We said, "Yes. Sunday best." She didn't take us seriously for some reason. . .
We expected Halloween to be sort of a bust, but Ryan got off a little early, so we were able to go to our ward's trunk-or-treat. It was a first for both of us, and we enjoyed seeing everyone's costumes and festive cars. Plus, we dressed up as Dorothy and the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz. Thanks for the costumes, Amber!

On our hike on Ryan's birthday

Defying gravity . . . just another day in the life of Ryan

"Happy Birthday to you. . ."

Can anyone point us toward the yellow brick road?

4 comments:

Beautiful Bagshaw Babes Version 4.5 said...

Ah, I am so excited that you get to stay close to Amber and Boise! I know how much fun it is to be by your sister. Happy Birthday Ryan! Congrats on the job thing a happin' for ya! Love ya guys, miss you!

Schmidt Family said...

Where's the pic of you jumping the cliff??? Your costumes looked awesome!! I bet you miss me this weekend huh??

Taylor, Wendy, & Kids said...

Hi Heather,
I heard you now live in Boise, that is great! We live in Meridian, off Eagle Road, if you ever need anything my email address is wkartchner@hotmail.com.
I love your blog you guys are soo adventureous.
Wendy(Brown)Kartchner

Anonymous said...

Hi Hair & Ryan,

Your dad is in RockSprings and no one came to my class (and I had some dadgum cute stuff!) so I decided to check out what was new with "the kids" What did we do before blogspots? I got a strange box in the mail today full of pecans straight from Alabama. I know, pretty random.

Love ya,
Mom