The first 14 miles of the race are in Blacksmith Fork Canyon, so you can't see the runners. My pictures from Mile 14 didn't turn out, but when we saw Ryan at the bottom of the canyon, he had a big smile and said, "I'm feelin' good!" After 14 miles. That kid!
Running through his hometown at mile 18.

The night before the race, Ryan wanted to drive through the end of the course. That's when we noticed the signs Patti and Josh had put up for Ryan. They were all along the course.
that would have been me at mile .2.

Almost to mile 25. He had a big hill to climb here.
Here he is with less than a mile to go. (Notice the big smile).

Approaching the finish line. He finished in 3 hours and 3 minutes, not as

Almost to mile 25. He had a big hill to climb here.
Here he is with less than a mile to go. (Notice the big smile).
Approaching the finish line. He finished in 3 hours and 3 minutes, not as
fast as he would have liked, but still AMAZING. He wanted to beat his
previous time of 2 hours 52 min. Maybe next year . . .

Half-smiling after the race. 26.22 miles in 3 hours
will do that to a person, I guess.
Ryan said that when he got close to finishing, he heard someone yell, "Running Ryan!" It was an old friend from college, who we later ran into. He told me that Ryan used to run with him and a few other guys. Ryan would say, "I like running with you guys. It's a nice cool down." I am so proud of what Ryan has accomplished as a runner. When he was 8, he got rheumatic fever, which can damage the heart. Not only did he escape that consequence, he now runs marathons! Patti, Ryan's mom, said as we were waiting along the course, "You know, he's a miracle." I know! I love you, Running Ryan!
2 comments:
Congratulations! That is amazing! I love the signs your family put up, that is so cool. You commented about losing momentum at mile 2, I wouldn't even make it to the starting line! Congrats again on a job well done!
That's amazing Ryan! Congrats on such a great time. I'm with you Heather, I don't know if I could go very far. Looks like you guys are up to great things, keep it up! :)
Post a Comment