Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thirteen and a Half Months Later . . .

We have been SUPER busy with everything, so we haven't had a chance to write about our 1st anniversary. I wonder if that means we're still newlyweds?
On our big day, Ryan didn't get off until late, so we just had dinner at home and watched the wedding video Amber made us.

The happy couple, one year later . . .

Last weekend, Ryan and I took a trip home for a few family things. While there, we got to go to the Logan temple, the first time since our sealing. The place was swarming with brides . . . but we didn't see a single one vomiting. I guess most people don't do that on their wedding day. Huh.

The happy couple 13 months later . . .

After we got married, we froze the top of our wedding cake and left it in Ryan's parents' freezer. I was grossed out about saving it for a whole year, but we kept forgetting to pick it up until this last trip home. I was sure it was going to be nasty.

The wedding cake from hell, take 2 (can I say that?):


One thing is for sure, it didn't look any better this time around.


The moment of truth . . . dun dun dun!

Actually, it tasted fine. I know I enjoyed it more this time, ha ha. Some people look back at their wedding day with fond memories . . . but we . . . laugh. When we were in Vegas, we had some friends from church over one night. They had recently gone to a wedding and said the cake was HORRIBLE. We laughed and swore "It can't be worse than ours." When we pulled out the picture to prove it, they were like, "Actually, that's not bad. At least it's centered." Centered? Wow. I guess it could have been worse . . .

3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

We kept a piece of our cake for a year, but we never even took a bite - I was too freaked out. :) I apparently need the "cake from hell" story, because I was at your wedding reception and I don't remember anything about the cake.

Roxanne said...

Wow, I can't believe how fast time flies! I love looking at your pictures, you guys are so cute. It sounds like things are going well and you've got some good memories. (I'll have to hear the cake story sometime too--I guess I really missed out on some fun. hehehe.)

Beautiful Bagshaw Babes Version 4.5 said...

Ah, I love you! I wish you had finder memories but remember puking or not everyone was supportive and HAPPY beyond words for you (let's leave it at that)! You guys look great! And don't forget every year gets better, right? LOL. Well just love each other to death and then you have eternity so it is ALL good!